Push notifications enable timely, relevant communication. Use tagging to take push notifications a step further by sending notifications only to segmented users.
Let's Get Started
Go to People > Tags and create tags (e.g. A private tag like “Staff,” and another publicly viewable like “General.”
Private Segmented Push Notifications
For sending private push messages, each person needs to be tagged. Under People > Profiles, select the individuals you would like to add the tag to their profile. User doesn't have a profile? You may add an individual by clicking the ‘+’ in the upper left corner of the screen.
Check the box to the left of each user you would like to be included. Select “Tag People,” choose the proper tag, and save your changes.
Public Segmented Push Notifications: Self Tagging
- Managing segmented push messages is available under the Profile feature as well as beneath the side menu button.
- Under the side menu, users will select the airplane icon (versions prior to 20.6.0) or the tag icon (20.6.0+).
- With the Profile feature (21.0.0) at the very bottom of the page is a "My Interests" section to manage subscribed status.
*Note: For users to unsubscribe, they'll simply click the green check mark and the icon will be greyed out, showing they are unsubscribed.
Scheduling the Push
- Under the "Connect" tab and "Schedule" dropdown, begin by plugging in the message you would like to send and basic scheduling.
- Select a tag under the "Targeted Tag" dropdown to select a group.
**Important: If you would like a push to go to your entire church family, there's no need to create a tag. Do not select a group at all as you schedule the message.
Users subscribed status is indicated by a green check when they're following those messages.
On the "Tag" page select the on you would like to delete and you'll spot an a "Delete" button.
**Note: Please make sure you're 100% certain on removing the tag before proceeding to do so. After a tag is deleted, users will be unsubscribed from those pushes and will need to subscribe again in the future if added back.