A text message is the most direct path to reach someone and is read within a few seconds of being received, making this channel a timely, effective, and simple way to communicate.
Below are some ways to consider using text in your congregation:
- Urgent Messages. Prayer Requests, weather cancellations, and change of plans.
- Engagement. Encourage members to take part in devotionals, small groups, and upcoming events.
- Reminders. Send a message for an upcoming meeting, special events, and sign-up deadlines.
- Raise Awareness. Build excitement around upcoming events with a teaser.
Your first step will be adding individuals you would like to reach to the aware3 portal.
An admin may manually add people in two ways:
Under the tab and select "Tags"...
- Import. A list of people may be uploaded with a CSV file under the button in the upper left-hand corner.
- Manual Entry. Choose in the upper left-hand corner to input individual contact details.
Have an aware3 app? Profiles are also created automatically 3 ways. A profile will be created if an end user:
- Gives via an aware3-powered channel (e.g. app, text, web, etc.).
- Fills out an aware3 form.
- Check-in via the app.
Click here to see step 2 on getting started with Outbound Text.