Geo-targeted push messages allow you to send a push message to people based on their physical location. Schedule a push message to be sent to anyone who enters your church building on Sundays during a specific time to welcome them and encourage them to fill out a connection card.
Schedule a Geo-targeted Push
- Go to the Messaging > Schedule a Message page in your portal and enter the message you want to send. Fill out the Send Date, Send Time, and Who gets this message? (see the tag-targeted push notification article) for the message.
- Toggle on the App Push button, so it turns green.
- Select a feature if you would like the push message to open up to a specific feature (see the content-targeted push message article)
- There are two options in the Pick where it's delivered dropdown. Select Everywhere to send the push message regardless of physical location or select Geo-targeted to send the message to users when they enter a location radius.
- For a geo-targeted message, drop a pin on the map to select the radius where the message will be sent.
*Note: If you are physically within the scheduled radius for your notification, to receive your scheduled notification, you will need to leave the radius and then enter that radius again.
- Select the delivery window when you'd like the push to be sent. For instance, if the message is going out at 9:00 am, select+/- 1 hour delivery window, and the message will send between 8:00 am and 10:00 am.
- Click Schedule Message!
Manage Push Messages
After a message has been scheduled, you can view it on the Messaging > Sent Messages page in your portal.
- Click the garbage can next to the message to cancel it before the scheduled delivery date and time.
- Under the Status column, you will see either Delivered if a message has been sent, or it will be empty if the message is scheduled for a later date/time.
- The Type column will show what type of message it was.
Learn More about Push Notifications
- Read this article to learn more about broadcast push notifications.
- Read this article to learn more about tag-targeted push notifications.
- Read this article to learn more about content-targeted push notifications.
If you have any questions or need help, send us a note at email@example.com!