Creating your Wix Website: Overview
Aware3 can help you create a website through Wix, an affordable and easy to use website platform. Once you sign your contract and select the website service, follow the steps listed here to create your account.
Here's an overview of what you'll need to do:
- Create a Wix account, upgrade your account & select your template
- Add aware3 support as an admin.
- Provide assets and content to aware3 support for initial website setup
Getting Started: Create your Wix Account
- Visit www.wix.com.
- Click Get Started.
- Click Sign Up.
- Fill out your email and create a password. Click Sign Up.
- You will be prompted to answer a few questions about your organization. Follow the prompts on the screen.
- Select ‘create it myself’ to create your website.
- Choose to start from scratch or select from a template. We recommend using a Wix template for ease of use!
- Select Community, then Religion.
- Select a template. To view the template in more detail, hover over it and click View. To choose the template and edit it to make your own site, click edit.
Select a Domain, Template, and Plan
- Click Start Now.
- At the top of the page, click Upgrade, then click Save Site.
- Select Connect your own customized domain, then click Save & Continue.
- If you need to get a new domain, click Get a new domain name. If you already have a domain, click Connect a domain you already own.
- Choose your upgrade plan. We recommend the Combo plan. Our demo site is set up using the Combo plan.
- Select your subscription period and complete your payment.
Add aware3 as an Admin
Once you have completed your purchase, add aware3 as an admin for your site so we can complete basic setup.
Click on Settings on the left-hand menu, then click Roles & Permissions
Click Add Contributor.
Enter email@example.com for the email address and select the Admin role. Click Send Invite.
After your account has been created, you've selected your template, upgraded your plan, and added aware3 as an admin, the next step is to send us some assets and content so we can help build your website! Click here for instructions and details.