Use content-targeted push messages to direct users to a specific feature within your app. That app feature will automatically open when a user opens your push message. A content-targeted message is helpful when you want to call attention to a single app feature and allow users to access it with a single click!
If you've recently added new video content, direct users to that video feature. If you want to highlight an upcoming event, send them to the calendar feature or an info page that's been dedicated to this event! When users open the push message, they'll be taken straight to that feature inside of the app.
Schedule a Content-targeted Push
- Go to the Messaging > Schedule a Message page in your portal and enter the message you want to send. Fill out the Send Date and Send Time for the message.
- Under Who gets this message?, either leave it as Send to everyone or select a tag for a segmented push notification (optional).
- Toggle on the App Push button, so it turns green.
- Select a feature under Open to a feature. This will be the feature that will open inside the app when the user opens the push message.
- Select Message only if you want the message to open to your app home page instead of a specific feature.
- Click the Schedule Message button to schedule the message
Manage Push Messages
After a message has been scheduled, you can view it on the Messaging > Sent Messages page in your portal.
- Click the garbage can next to the message to cancel it before the scheduled delivery date and time.
- Under the Status column, you will see either Delivered if a message has been sent, or it will be empty if the message is scheduled for a later date/time.
- The Type column will show what type of message it was.
Learn More about Push Notifications
- Read this article to learn more about broadcast push notifications.
- Read this article to learn more about tag-targeted push notifications.
- Read this article to learn more about geo-targeted push notifications.
If you have any questions or need help, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org!