Use tag-targeted push notifications to reach people with similar interests, hobbies, volunteer experience, locations, and other similarities. It's a great way to segment your messages and helps to keep information relevant.
To send a tag-targeted push message, you'll want to create some tags in the Profiles > Tags page in your portal. Read the Tags article to learn how to create and manage tags.
Schedule a the Tag-targeted Push
- Go to the Messaging > Schedule a Message page in your portal and enter the message you want to send. Fill out the Send Date and Send Time for the message.
- Under Audience, select a tag or multiple tags for a segmented push notification.
- Toggle on the App Push button, so it turns green.
- Click the Schedule Message button to schedule the message
*Note: If you would like a push message to go to everyone who has downloaded your app, regardless of whether they are part of a tag, you don't need to select a tag as you schedule the message.
Manage Push Messages
After a message has been scheduled, you can view it on the Messaging > Sent Messages page in your portal.
- Click the actions menu icon > delete on the row of the message you’d like to cancel, before the scheduled delivery date and time.
- Under the Status column, you will see either Sent if a message has been sent, or Scheduled if a message has been scheduled for a future date and time.
- The Type column will show what type of message it was.
Learn More about Push Notifications
- Read this article to learn more about broadcast push notifications.
- Read this article to learn more about content-targeted push notifications.
If you have any questions or need help, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Article is closed for comments.