For Church Community Builder-integrated partners, aware3 offers the ability to search for, match, and write gifts into CCB for gifts given through any channel (web, app, or text).
When a user gives through any channel, the following logic will determine which CCB user profile is matched:
- If the given email address does not exist in CCB, no profile is matched
- If the given email address does exist in CCB, then
- If only one user has said email address, the profile is matched
- If more than one user has said email address, then
- If one user's first name matches, the profile is matched
- If more than one user's first name matches, no profile is matched
If a profile is matched, the gift is written and associated with the matched profile.
If no profile is matched, by default, a user profile is created with the supplied email, first name, and last name. The gift is then matched to the newly-created user.
In either case, the gift record will be waiting in CCB for you to process under Online Gifts > Create Transactions with either the matched profile or the new one.
You may choose to disable the process of profile creation, so that you can decide what to do with your unmatched gifts. If you choose this route, the gifts will remain disassociated (with no profile) and will be written into your Online Gifts > Match People queue.
If you have any questions or need help, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org!