Frequently Asked Questions
Using aware3-powered giving channels is quick and powerful. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions for church partners running aware3 giving channels in conjunction with Church Community Builder (CCB).
1. My church website already has online giving. What are the benefits of using aware3 giving?
The streamlined giving channels offered by aware3 are:
- Web Giving
- App Giving
- Campaign Giving
The aware3 giving flows will drive consistent giving by accepting recurring gifts without a login. Fees are low because the aware3 flow accepts ACH gifts in addition to credit/debit and because the donor can agree to cover the processing fees for their gift. Finally, gift volume grows because you are offering a streamlined experience, made even faster with a 4-digit PIN, across your app, text, and web giving channels.
2. Who are the players when someone gives through an aware3-powered giving channel?
There are two players when someone gives through an aware3-powered giving channel. Aware3 owns and manages the front-end user experience. We have built a seamless giving experience for your givers. PaymentSpring (formerly Nelnet Transaction Solutions) is the second key player. They serve as the back-office payment gateway. For givers, all interaction is branded for your church rather than for aware3.
3. My church does not use CCB's online giving today. Do we need to enable it in order to use aware3's giving?
No, you do not need CCB online giving in order to use aware3's giving features. In fact, we recommend that you leave your CCB tools the same for the most simplified (and cost effective!) giving system. Your gifts through aware3 will still write back to CCB.
4. If my church uses a different payment gateway, are we required to switch?
You are not required to make any changes to your existing payment gateway relationship. The decision you are making here is related to aware3-powered giving channels alone.
5. What are the fees for my church's merchant account with PaymentSpring?
As part of aware3's partnership with PaymentSpring, you will only pay the flat transaction fees: 3% for credit/debit transactions and 1% for ACH/E-Check. There are no monthly, annual, PCI compliance fees, etc. If you don't process giving, PaymentSpring does not charge fees; it's that simple!
6. How secure is my church's information through PaymentSpring?
All financial-related data is encrypted and stored by PaymentSpring. PaymentSpring is PCI Level 1 compliant. Level 1 PCI compliance is a set of rules stated by credit card companies and audited by an independent third party. Level 1 PCI is the highest possible rating. Additionally, all transmission to our banking partner and on our site is via an encrypted SSL connection. No financial information is stored on our servers or yours.
7. Do I need to reach out directly to PaymentSpring?
No, you will receive a 15-minute online application as part of your on-boarding with aware3.
8. What kind of gift reporting does aware3 offer?
In addition to viewing gifts written back to CCB, you can view the details of each transaction in real-time inside the aware3 portal. You can also reconcile transactions inside the portal. PaymentSpring will supply additional report access.
9. How does aware3 giving work with CCB?
For CCB-integrated partners, we offer the option of searching for, matching and writing gifts into CCB for gifts given through any channel (app, text, web, campaigns, forms with payments). You can learn more about that here.
10. Inside CCB, how will my church know where a gift is coming from?
The CCB Merchant Transaction Detail Report will specify aware3.
11. How will aware3 giving work with my church's CCB fund designations?
If you currently have CCB Online Giving, aware3 will display your public fund designations by default. You can disable any public fund designation from your aware3 giving channels.
12. Is my church required to use aware3 giving to have an aware3-powered app?
No, you can point the "Give" button inside your app to any external giving page. This disqualified capital campaigns, text-to-give, forms with payments, and giver-covered fees.
13. Can the giver cover the processing fees?
Absolutely. It is up to you whether or not your church's giving flows display an option for the donor to cover the processing fee on their gift.
14. Do you offer custom processing rates?
We are happy to work with you for custom rates. Reach out to your aware3 contact to chat.