CCB profiles can be synchronized with Aware3 with the click of a button. When a user gives through Aware3, adds their profile to your app or many other Profile-related functions, the system can search for the existing user in CCB and associate the profile information - or create it, if it doesn't exist.
We've summarized some of the most commonly-asked questions:
- How do I enable CCB synchronization?
- Check that your CCB API setup is complete. A new API service (update_individual) is required for profile syncing.
- Within the Aware3 console, click People > Profiles. At the top of the page, click Settings, and check the box next to the "Synchronize Church Community Builder profiles?" option.
- Can I receive an email when profiles are created in CCB?
- Yes. Under People > Profiles, click Settings and check the box under the notifications option. This will subscribe your email address to the notification list, and will shoot you a note every time a profile is created in CCB.
- Each administrator who wants to receive notifications will need to log into the portal and enable this option.
- Note that email notifications are only generated when profiles are created in CCB, not when they are matched or updated.
- How are matches made with CCB profiles?
- Matching for profiles follows the same logic as matching during giving. For full details, click here.
- Will the sync send profile pictures to and from CCB?
- No, not at this point.
- How does multi-campus affect profile synchronization?
- If your CCB instance is multi-campus, any newly-created profiles will be created on your Main Campus. This only occurs if no match is found.
- Full multi-campus support is on the aware3 roadmap.
- What happens if I merge the new profile with an existing one in CCB?
- In this scenario, after the new profiles is created you decide to merge it with an existing CCB profile.
- If the merged profile "winner" is the new profile - aware3 will continue to update the newly-created profile as usual.
- If the existing profile is the "winner", the next time an update is attempted, same matching logic will occur as detailed above, and match based on email address.