Text-to-Act is another way to build a deeper connection with your church members. Offer volunteer opportunities, collect prayer requests, share daily devotions, and more through automated texts. You have the ability to completely customize the keywords and messages your members receive.
Things to Keep in Mind
As you begin to use this feature, remember to:
- Keep the messages short and meaningful.
- Link to something like a form to fill out if you want to gather additional info.
- Shorten your URLs (using a service like bit.ly) to help with length and appearance.
- Add text with a URL. Start the message with a short piece of text and then use the shortened URL.
Create Text-to-Act Keywords And Responses
Go to the Messaging > Text-to-Act page in the portal.
Create a keyword in the Keyword box that someone can text to you to trigger engagement, such as 'Devotion', or 'Connect'.
In the box below the Keyword box, write a response message and click the Add button to make it live.
Manage Keywords And Responses
Once a keyword and corresponding response are created, they will be added to your list of keywords found at the bottom of the Messaging > Text-to-Act page in the portal.
To the right of each keyword and response, you will see:
- The total number of texts received for the keyword.
- A green save icon. Click that icon to save any edits you make to the keyword or response.
- A red trashcan icon. Click that icon to delete the keyword and response.
Inspiration For Keywords And Responses
If you're looking for inspiration, below are 'keywords' followed by responses you can try out with your church:
Registration and Needs
- 'Shoebox' Put a smile on a child's face. Sponsor a shoebox:https:a3a.me/6f633
- 'Prayer' Need to be uplifted in prayer? Let us know your needs: https://a3a.me/4d525
- 'Volunteer' We're looking for volunteers to assist with our Easter service. Let us know how you would like to help: https://a3a.me/eaed7
Events and Ministries
- 'Retreat' Register for the Men's Retreat 2016: https://a3a.me/7eda9
- 'Serve' Sign up today https://a3a.me/479bb
- 'Small Group' Ready to take the next step? Find and join a small group: https://a3a.me/eaed7
- 'Peru' Provide ongoing support to the Robinsons' by helping to cover annual expenses: https://a3a.me/bSS6b
Sermon Content/Sunday Morning
- 'Connect' Thank you for joining us! Please fill out our connection card: https://a3a.me/6a67d
- 'Prepare' Click here to pause for a minute and prepare for Sunday! https://www.youtube.com/watch?
- 'Next Step' We are so glad you took your next step in your faith journey! Follow this link & we'll connect with you shortly! https://thankfulbaptistchurch.aware3.net/form/srbQnxQXN
- 'Devotion' Here is your video for today! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG1yCv_EYKI
- 'Renew' Click this link from your phone to download our Renew app: https://a3a.me/myrenew
- 'Read' Thank you for checking out our blog! https://explore.aware3.com/2019/08/a-pastors-honest-review-of-aware3s-all-in-one-church-app/
Below is a list of keywords that are already systematically reserved.
- App - Lets individuals quickly and easily download your app!
- Demo- download aware3 church our demo app.
- Start- start a new donation
- Cancel -stop current text-to-give donation to start a new donation
- New -stop current text-to-give donation to start a new donation
- Give - make a one time donation
- Update - update your saved payment method for donations
- Campaign(s) -make a donation to a campaign
- Stop -unsubscribe to text
- Unsubscribe -unsubscribe to text
- End -unsubscribe to text
- Quit -unsubscribe to text
- Help -provides direction on how to participate in text-to-give, update or change your info or unsubscribe.
- Who - introduces mobile concierge for your organization.
- Hi -update profile information
- Hello -update profile information
Spread The Word!
To help spread the word around this tool, share your text number in your bulletin and/or slides as well as within your mobile app using the "Text Us" feature. Also, mention this option during announcements and let them know how simple the process is - just another way to invite the entire church body to participate.
Check out our short video on how to create key words and response messages for Text-to-Act below!
If you have any questions or need help, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org!