Live stream your services and allow people to participate in church from afar. You can create a free live stream through YouTube, which integrates with your church app.
*Note: If you already have a live stream through another live stream provider, you can add that to the app. Learn how to add an existing live stream here.
Set up Live Stream on YouTube
Follow the steps below to set up a Live Stream on YouTube:
1. You'll need a YouTube account and channel to start.
2. After logging in to your YouTube account, click your avatar icon in the upper right-hand corner, then select Your Channel.
*Note: When creating your YouTube channel for the first time, you may need to wait 24 hours for YouTube to approve your account, so plan a few days in advance before launching your first live stream.
3. Next, click the video camera icon with the + on it in the upper right part of the screen.
4. Select Go Live.
5. You'll be prompted to enter some basic information about your live stream. Enter the following:
- Title for your live stream
- Select Public
- Schedule for later (optional) - you can go live now or schedule the live stream to start at a later date/time
- Select No, it's not made for kids
- Enter a description (optional; this will appear with the video in-app)
- Category: select Nonprofits & Activism or another applicable category
6. Click Next.
7. YouTube will take a photo via your webcam for the thumbnail. Once that is taken, you will have the option to upload a custom thumbnail photo or retake the photo.
8. Click Go Live to go live now, or click Done if you have scheduled to go live later.
Add Your Live Video to a YouTube Playlist
To use the YouTube video integration with your aware3 app, you will need to add the video to a YouTube playlist. After you go live or schedule your live video for a future date/time (steps outlined above), follow these steps:
1. Click on your avatar in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and click Your channel.
2. Click Manage videos.
3. Click the Live tab to view your live videos.
4. Hover over the video name and click the pencil icon to edit the video.
5. Scroll towards the bottom of the Video details page, and add the video to a playlist in the Playlists section.
6. You can either add it to an existing playlist if you have already created a playlist for your live stream(s), or create a new playlist on the spot (click New Playlist to create a new playlist).
7. Click Done, and make sure to save your changes.
Adding Your Playlist to Your App
After adding your live video to a playlist, all you have to do is add the playlist to your app through a Watch feature.
1. Go back to your Channel content page.
2. Click Playlists on the left side menu.
3. Click on the name of the playlist that includes your live video(s) to open the playlist within YouTube. Then copy the URL onto your clipboard.
4. Finally, add the playlist URL to a Watch feature in your aware3 management portal (aware3.net).
If you have scheduled a live video that hasn't started yet, a countdown will appear in the app.
If you have any questions or need help, send us a note at email@example.com!