Live streaming your services allows people to participate in church from afar. You can create a free live stream through YouTube, which integrates with your church app.
The Interactive Video feature provides one convenient location to combine your video content with other features like forms, polls, info pages, notes, and giving.
It's time to connect to your members by live streaming through the Interactive Video feature!
Set up Live Stream on YouTube
Follow the steps below to set up a Live Stream on YouTube:
1. You'll need a YouTube account and channel to start.
2. After logging in to your YouTube account, click your avatar icon in the upper right-hand corner, then select Your Channel.
*Note: When creating your YouTube channel for the first time, you may need to wait 24 hours for YouTube to approve your account, so plan a few days in advance before launching your first live stream.
3. Next, click the video camera icon with the + on it in the upper right part of the screen.
4. Select Go Live.
5. You'll be prompted to enter some basic information about your live stream. Enter the following:
- Title for your live stream
- Select Public
- Schedule for later (optional) - you can go live now or schedule the live stream to start at a later date/time
- Select No, it's not made for kids
- Enter a description (optional; this will appear with the video in-app)
- Category: select Nonprofits & Activism or another applicable category
6. Click Next.
7. YouTube will take a photo via your webcam for the thumbnail. Once that is taken, you will have the option to upload a custom thumbnail photo or retake the photo.
8. Click Share to see the link to join the live stream.
Once you click Share, you will see the URL link that you can share so that others can see when you go live for that particular session.
*Note: Every live session comes with its own unique URL link
9. Copy the link!
Add Your Live Video to the Interactive Video Feature
Now that you have your link, go to your Aware3 portal to insert the link in your Interactive Video Feature.
*Note: Not familiar with our Interactive Video Feature? Check out the Interactive Video article here!
Follow the steps below to add your live stream to the Interactive Video Feature:
1. Go to the App > Features + Content page in your portal. Click the plus button icon in the top right-hand corner.
2. Scroll down until you see the Watch, Single Interactive Video feature. Select the feature and then click the Add Feature button.
3. Add an icon to your feature and change the name to whatever you'd like to call it. To learn how to customize a feature, check out this article!
4. After customizing the feature name and adding an image, click the Edit Content button.
5. Post your link in the Video URL area and add your desired features. Click the Save URL button when you're done and voila! You've inserted your live video URL into your Interactive Video feature!
If you have any questions or need help, send us a note at email@example.com!
Article is closed for comments.