Not only do you have simple, easy-to-use access to some frequently used reports, but you will be able to change the default settings to further customize your data! This information pertains to all report types, with some slight differences where indicated.
Default Report set-up
Upon entering templated report pages, you will note they are already pre-populated with your real-time results using pre-set values in the Parameters sidebar on the left.
Let’s look at each of these report parameter menus a little more closely.
- The Who menu offers options to choose to display giving for your People profiles or Organizations profiles, or both.
Note: If you don't have the Organization Profiles product as part of your plan, using this parameter won't return any results.
- The Funds menu offers a full list of Funds configured in your system, separated by tax-deductible and nondeductible sub-categories. Some reports may have preselected funds, but this can be changed by checking the box beside the fund name(s) you wish to include, or you can remove the Funds filter all together by pressing the ‘x’ to the right of the ‘Funds’ label, where available.
Note: If you have externally managed funds (such as funds from Church Community Builder or Planning Center Online), they will appear in a single list without the subcategories for Tax-Deductible and Nondeductible. If there is an identified mix of both types of funds, only the tax-deductible ones will be preselected; otherwise, all funds will be preselected.
- The Giving parameter offers preselected but changeable values using two combined menus to zero-in on your giving data. The first menu will allow you to select a donor who ‘Has’ or ‘Has Not ‘given. The second allows you to limit the gift type to show only active recurring gifts, or gifts of any type. You can use any combination of these options to drill down into your data for valuable insights.
4. The Date Range menus may likewise be altered to allow you to customize the timeframe and compare data by either using the date-picker calendar function or by manually typing dates in the Start and End date fields. You can remove the Date Range filter altogether by pressing the ‘x’ to the right of the ‘Date Range’ label, where available.
5. The Years menu will provide a list of calendar years from which to restrict your data. Simply check and uncheck any years you want to include in your results.
Note: this filter is only available on the Year-Over-Year report
6. The ‘Add Criteria’ button will appear and be clickable when it is possible to include additional parameter options to your report. The available menus will be listed upon clicking the button, as shown here:
Note: the ‘Add Criteria’ button not available on the Year-Over-Year report
Revising/Running the Report
It’s important to note that the table data will not automatically update as you make different filter selections. To populate the results table with the new customized results , press the green ‘RUN’ button at the bottom of the parameters sidebar:
The Profile column contains the first/last or organization name in a clickable button that will redirect to that profile’s detail page, along with the clickable dollar sign icon to redirect to the Transactions page filtered to that profile’s giving history.
Sharing the Report
Click on the “Share Report” button (or link icon, in collapsed view) in order to copy the URL link containing your updated parameter selections, and paste to save or share with another admin.