If none of the preset reports serve your purpose, you can create a custom report using the Build Custom Report button on the Start from Scratch tile.
Use reports to...
- Quickly identify decreases in a donor's giving.
- Get a list of your newest or highest donors.
- See how giving has changed per year, per donor, over time...
- And more.
Click any of these links to learn more about the available templated reports:
Go to the Reports page in your portal.
The main Reports landing page has a tile for each report. Click the button on the tile to start the report of your choice.
Change Report Parameters
Each templated report has a set of preselected parameters and filters, which may not always return the results you want. You can use the Start of Scratch report tile to build a report using the parameters you define, or change the parameters in an existing report. For more information on how to change a report to better serve your needs, visit Changing Report Parameters and Filters.
Universal Report Features
Below are some common features to highlight in each report.
Navigate to a Profile and Giving History
In the report results, the Profile column shows two buttons: one that contains the name of a profile, and another that is a dollar-sign.
- Click the name button to open that profile's detail page.
- Click the dollar-sign to open the Transactions page for the profile.
Click on the Download Results button to download a .csv file containing all the data in your report. With the .csv file, you can:
- Work together with others in your organization.
- Share information with others who don't have access to the portal.
- Save your data externally.
- Import your data to other platforms as needed.
Most reports have the option to download your results by Individual or by Household. The filename includes the date and time the report was downloaded. Hover over either Individual or Household to display a tooltip that explains what data will export.
*Note: You will need to have the Household product enabled to see/allow this type of download.
If individuals meet the requirements of the report, they will show up in the Individual downloaded results. However, if multiple members of a household gave, and their combined giving as a household does not meet the requirements of the report, they will not show up in the Household downloaded results.
Organizations cannot belong to households and therefore are not included in Household results.
The filename will be formatted as follows:
- Individual reports: <report type>-report-YYYY-MM-DD_hhmmAM/PM.csv (i.e. “year-over-year-report-2021-06-08_1248PM.csv”)
- Household reports: <report type>-household-report-YYYY-MM-DD_hhmmAM/PM.csv (i.e. “year-over-year-household-report-2021-06-08_1248PM.csv”)
Share the Report
Click on the Share Report button (or the link icon, in collapsed view) to copy the URL link that contains your updated parameter selections. You can then paste it into another document to save it, or into an email message to share it with another admin.
- Collaboration: Work together with others in their organization.
- Adoption: Encourage one another to log into the portal to engage with the information.
- Save time + effort: Save time by configuring reports once and then sharing the parameters.
If you have any questions or need help, send us a note at email@example.com!