The New Donors report allows you to instantly identify your newest donors by showing those that gave their very first gift in the current month.
With the New Donors report, you can...
- Find out who has given for the first time so you can thank them (and ask them to set up a recurring gift!).
- Pinpoint when someone decides to give for the first time (and ask what inspired them to make their first gift!).
- Quickly see the highest donation of new donors.
- Instantly see the most recent gift date and amount for each donor listed.
- Easily see a donor's total donations and which fund(s) they have donated to.
- Effortlessly see your 'grand total' for all donations across all new donors.
Access The New Donors Report
Go to the Reports page in the portal and click the Start Report button in the New Donors report tile.
Default Report Set-up
Once you enter the report page, you will note that the results table is already pre-populated with your real-time results based on the pre-set (and changeable) values in the Parameters sidebar.
The Report Parameters article provides more info on the various sections and options in the sidebar. There, you will see how easy it is to change the preselected report parameters and see customized results with a click of a button!
In the New Donors Report, the four primary parameters are Who, Giving status and type, Funds, and Date Range. In its default state, the report will initially display All Profiles of people and organizations (if the Organizations product is enabled).
Additionally, the first section is preconfigured to initially return: donors that Have Not Given to tax-deductible funds from the beginning of giving through the previous month.
- Who: all profiles
- Giving Status & Type: Has Not Given, a Donation (recurring or non-recurring)
- Funds: all tax-deductible funds
- Date Range: the first day giving was enabled through the last day of the previous month in the current year
The second section is configured to initially return: donors that Have Given to tax-deductible funds in the current month.
- Giving Status & Type: Has Given, a Donation (recurring or non-recurring)
- Funds: all tax-deductible funds
- Date Range: current month
Changing your Parameters
Although this report comes pre-populated with specific pre-set values as indicated above, you can also make changes to the parameters if you wish. Please reference the Changing Report Parameters and Filters article to learn more about options for adding/removing criteria to adjust the data in your report.
The New Donors report shows up-to-the-moment data for donors who gave some type of donation to a tax-deductible fund for the very first time in the current month.
In the above report, there is both a Total row and Total column, which allow you to easily see the sum total of previous donations across your entire organization, along with the total donations for any given donor over the designated period. You can also see the details of each donor's Last Gift Date and Last Gift Amount as well as a compiled list of Funds to which donations were made over that timeframe.
If you scroll over to the right in the table, you will also see demographic/info columns as follows:
- Postal Code
- Tax ID (Organization only)
- Contact Note (Organization only)
Revise/Run the Report
It's important to note that the table data will not automatically update as you make different filter selections. To populate the results table with the new customized results, click the green Run button at the bottom of the parameters sidebar:
The Profile column contains the first/last or organization name in a clickable button that will redirect to that profile's detail page, along with the clickable dollar sign icon to redirect to the Transactions page filtered to that profile's giving history.
Share the Report
Click on the Share Report button (or link icon, in collapsed view) to copy the URL link that contains your updated parameter selections. You can then paste to save it or share it with another admin.
Download the Report
Click on the Download Results button to download a .csv file containing all the data in your report. You have an option to download your results by Individual or by Household. The filename includes the date and time the report was created.
*Note: You will need to have the Household product enabled to see/allow this type of download.
Check out our short video below on New Donor Reports!
If you have any questions or need help, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org!