If you receive a donation from outside your aware3 giving platform, you can manually enter it and keep track of all your donations in one place.
*Note: manual entry is not available through aware3 if you are using Planning Center Online Giving or Church Community Builder Giving. You should manually enter any transactions directly in either PCO or CCB.
Add a Manual Transaction
1. Go to the Giving > Transactions page in your portal.
2. Click the green Add Transactions button.
3. Associate a profile. Use the search bar to search for an existing profile for the donor. If the donor does not yet have a profile, you will need to add their profile first, because a profile is required before a manual donation can be entered for that particular donor. Click Create Person or Create Organization to add a profile. After adding a profile for the donor, navigate back to the Transactions page. You will be able to find the new profile in the search bar.
4. Select Cash or Non-Cash.
5. Select the type of transaction. The dropdown menu options for the donation type depend upon the category previously specified:
- Cash transaction types
- Non-Cash transaction types
- Property (Real Estate)
- Stocks and Bonds
6. Select the date that the donation was received. It can be future-dated. (If future-dated, it will appear at the top of the transactions list until that date passes.)
7. Enter a transaction amount of at least $1.00 and less than $100,000,000.00. The amount is required only for Cash transactions.
8. Enter a brief description of the donation. A description is required for the following types of transactions:
- Cash/Other (i.e. Paypal, Square, etc.)
- Non-Cash/In-Kind (i.e. Computer, Space Heater, etc.)
- Non-Cash/Property (Real Estate) (i.e. 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment)
9. Stocks and Bonds transactions require additional information:
- Stock Ticker or Bond Identifier
- Number of Shares or Bond Value
10. Select either Fund or Appeal for this transaction. Use the search bar to search for an active fund or appeal. If you would like to add Appeals to your account, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Add comments or notes about this transaction. These notes are internal to your organization, and they appear on the Transactions page when you hover over the note symbol as shown below.
12. Click the Save button or press enter on your keyboard to submit the form.
The newly-added transaction appears on the Transactions page.
The transaction's Source appears as Portal when an admin has added it manually from the management portal. Other sources are App, Text, Web, Form, and Import.
The transaction Category appears as either Cash or Non-Cash
The transaction Type appears as Cash, Check, ACH, Stocks + Bonds, Property, or In-Kind.
The donation also appears under the donor's profile Timeline. To see this, go to People > Profiles, select the donor's profile, and click on the Timeline tab.
To send a receipt to the donor, click the three dots icon in the Actions column on the right-hand side of the Transactions table and select Send Receipt.
Delete a Manual Transaction
To delete a manual transaction, click the three dots on the right-hand side of the Transactions table to open the Actions menu, then select Delete Transaction.
The delete option is only available for manual entries. If you need to issue a refund for a credit, debit, or ACH payment, please reach out to Nelnet Payment Services at NPS-Clientservices@nelnet.net or aware3 Support at email@example.com.
Check out our short video below on how to manually enter cash & check payments!
If you have any questions or need help, send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Article is closed for comments.