The Households product offers you the ability to establish, update, or delete households. The creation of a household will allow admins to connect individual profiles to a single entity at a deeper level than just a relationship.
In addition, you will be able to do the following:
- Generate a year-end statement by Household (see End of Year Giving Statements)
- Run a mailing list report for Households in your system (new link)
- Download other reports by Household units (see Reports)
Go to Profiles>People via the primary navigation menu.
From the People page, choose the person for whom you wish to view/add household information. Click on the edit (pencil) icon to open their Profile Info details.
There is a new section on the right-hand side that will display any existing household or will show an empty state if none yet exist.
Creating a New Household
Click the "+ Add Household" button from the Profile details page to open the following window:
Choose “Create New Household” button to open this window and fill out all the pertinent data for your household:
- Household Name: required field
- Envelope Name: not required, so If you do not wish to include a separate value for this then the Household Name will be populated in this field upon saving the household
- Household Salutation: not required, so If you do not wish to include a separate value for this then the Household Name will be populated in this field upon saving the household
- Giving Statements preference: here, you will choose Joint Household or Individual Statement. If you choose Joint and then generate the statement from the People List page for any person attached to a household, there will be a single consolidated statement created for that household.
In order to add People, begin typing part of a person's name in the Search box, and up to 50 matching results will be displayed from which to choose.
If you wish to create a new person profile at this point in order to add them to the household, please select the “Create Person” link.
Once added, the new person will appear in the “People in this Household” list in the modal. Note that the first person added to a household will automatically be designated as the primary contact, as indicated by the blue crown icon next to their name. This designation can be changed to another household member via the Edit function, once additional members are added. See more on this below.
Adding to an Existing Household
From the above window, choose “Add to Existing Household” button to open this window.
Begin typing in the Search field to locate the desired household name:
Confirm your choice and Save, or you may clear the selection via the ‘x’ and start over, or simply Cancel or x out of the window.
Editing a Household
From the Profile details page where you households are listed, you can click on the Actions menu in order to Edit the household.
Upon clicking “Edit Household”, the edit window will open and allow you to update any information as desired.
In order to change the primary contact or remove someone, you can click on the Action (3 dots) menu under ‘People in this Household’ and choose “Make Primary Contact.”
Note: you must choose a new primary contact before you can remove the existing primary contact from the household.
If you choose “Remove from Household”, a confirmation modal will display to complete or cancel the removal. Once completed, the person will no longer be in the People in the Household list in the edit modal, and also no longer be displayed in the household’s list on the profile detail page.
Removing a Household
From the Profile details page where you households are listed, you can click on the Actions menu in order to Remove someone from the household.
Upon clicking “Delete Household”, a confirmation modal will display to complete or cancel the deletion. The household will be removed from the list. If it is the only household for this profile, the container will revert to the empty state.