The icon layout is icon based and accommodates a more traditional aesthetic. You have the flexibility of using 2-4 icons in a row. The home screen you choose will show through the transparent background of your button images.
Examples of Home Screen Images:
- Worship service
- Volunteer event
- Church building
You're welcome to download one of our sets of icon button images here and use them in the walls of your app.
Select Icon Layout
- Go to App > Features + Content in the portal.
- Click the arrow to the right of Home Layout to expand the layout options.
- Choose Vertical scrolling (users will scroll up and down on your home screen to access features) or Horizontal scrolling (users will swipe side to side to access features) for your layout. Either option will be the Icon layout.
- Click the green Save button at the bottom of your layout options to save your layout section.
Grid Height Ratio:
You will need to choose the grid height percentage at which you’d like to display your buttons. Because the Home Screen background image is set behind the buttons, 40, 60 or 80% of the image will be semi-covered by feature buttons at the bottom, while the remainder of the display will be available as your header.
To adjust your grid height, click the box labeled Grid Height and select a height. Click the green Save button at the bottom of your layout options to save your layout section.
Upload New Button Images:
- Hover over the feature you would like to edit the image for and select the gear icon.
- Click Choose File under Tile to upload a standard tile size (300x300px), then click Update Feature to save your changes.
Switch from Mosaic to Icon Layout:
If you are currently using the mosaic layout and have wide tiles (600x300) displayed in the app, you will first need to switch your wide tile images to the standard image (300x300) view.
1. Click the gear icon for each button displaying a wide tile image.
2. Select the circle under the 300x300 tile option so a check mark appears and then click Update Feature to save this change.
3. Once you have successfully switched all of your wide tile images (600x300) to the standard image (300x300) view, you can select either Vertical or Horizontal for your layout.
Check out our short video below!
If you have any questions or need help, send us a note at email@example.com!